Northern Rockies Cycling

Northern Rockies Cycling
Jacobson-Schutte Racing is a USAC bike racing team based in Missoula that competes in Montana, Northwest region and National races. The team's name comes from it's title sponsor: Dr Justin Jacobson and Dr. Mike Schutte. Both of Northern Rockies Orthopedic. Currently there are 30 riders on the team ranging from Pro Cat 1 men to entry level Cat 5's. JS Racing is committed to racing at a competitve level as well as promoting USAC races, events, training races, team training rides, and development clinics.

Monday, March 9, 2009

Race Report from Jen L...So Cool!!



Wow! The race this weekend was so fun. My first good omen for the weekend was my race number, 406! Friday was the TT...3 miles and very painful. I felt like I had smoked a pack of cigs by the end. Luckily, though, I did well and gave myself a 20 second cushion for the weekend. I didn't realize how important that was until Sunday.

Saturday was an early one for a 40 mile rr in 2 laps. The first lap was brutally slow. I just kept laughing at how slow it was, especially when we got rocked by a group of juniors. Finally, with 15 miles left, 5 of us made a break and worked together to the finish. I never thought this would happen but all 5 of us were still together in the last stretch and I beat the other girls out in a sprint, getting the W by only a half a wheel's length! I was stoked to say the least.

Sunday was another early, cold one for a 5 lap 28 mile circuit race. A few of us were feeling good so we started strong to get warmed up. Lap 3 was a sprint bonus for the first 2 and I got the 2nd one...yay! I was still feeling strong by the end and finished 2nd in the circuit race. I was very happy with my first race of the year. I ended up with the GC win by a 15 second cushion thanks to my TT! Now I am a few bucks, 3 yellow jerseys, and one ugly t-shirt richer.

Can't wait to race in MT! Happy training...
Jen

1 comment:

Shaun Radley said...

Great Job Jen. We're all proud of you here in Montana. Keep up the good work.