Northern Rockies Cycling

Northern Rockies Cycling
Jacobson-Schutte Racing is a USAC bike racing team based in Missoula that competes in Montana, Northwest region and National races. The team's name comes from it's title sponsor: Dr Justin Jacobson and Dr. Mike Schutte. Both of Northern Rockies Orthopedic. Currently there are 30 riders on the team ranging from Pro Cat 1 men to entry level Cat 5's. JS Racing is committed to racing at a competitve level as well as promoting USAC races, events, training races, team training rides, and development clinics.

Monday, June 14, 2010

A Team Victory


Don't have time to write a full race report but want to give a quick but sincere thanks to my team for the incredible work they did for me on Sunday to help me with the 6 seconds I needed for the Womens's 1/2/3 overall "W". They kept the pace high and set me up for the time bonus sprints. I feel so honored to have had Kara, Kellie, Joey and Lindsy totally committed doing whatever I needed for the win.

Kara - Wow....basically her first NRO race as a Cat 4 and she killed it!. She is not only strong - but teachable and willing to do work for the team. Kara chased down breaks and helped set pace the entire race. She has a future in cycling for sure. We are so lucky to have her.

Kellie C. - Took the Overall win for the Cat 4 women and rode very strong. I think an upgrade is in the works. Kellie, too, helped chase and set pace at the front the entire race.

Joey - I can't give her enough credit. Joey did more work at the front than anyone in the race. She was my saving grace on several attempts from Delphine to break away. With about 18 miles to go I realized that what i was speculating was in deed happening....a flat front. I pulled Joey to the back and told her. Her first comment was "take my bike Tam". So giving!!! We decided not a good idea. She then spread the word to the NRO girls. I was able to finish with about 25lbs of pressure....sheesh!!

Lindsy - She made me feel like Cavandish. Our plan was to have her lead out...and that she did....PERFECT!! We were both given lots of rest by our teammates. Lindsy is incredible. Her cycling career is bright.

Thank you Joey, Lindsy, Kellie and Kara. I love you all!!!!

-Tamara

No comments: