Northern Rockies Cycling

Northern Rockies Cycling
Jacobson-Schutte Racing is a USAC bike racing team based in Missoula that competes in Montana, Northwest region and National races. The team's name comes from it's title sponsor: Dr Justin Jacobson and Dr. Mike Schutte. Both of Northern Rockies Orthopedic. Currently there are 30 riders on the team ranging from Pro Cat 1 men to entry level Cat 5's. JS Racing is committed to racing at a competitve level as well as promoting USAC races, events, training races, team training rides, and development clinics.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekend Rides!

Despite freezing temperatures, both Saturday and Sunday saw team rides. Meeting at Big Sky Bikes (Front Street shop), both rides were scheduled per Tamara's email for 12 noon. Four riders showed up on Saturday and headed east for the Turah/Clinton loops. We found freshly swept roads in E. Missoula with a headwind on the way out and a tailwind on the way back...perfect! I think the temp read 35 as we came back through E. Missoula.

On Sunday, NOAA reported 25 degrees when I headed for the shop. I didn't expect there to be much of a showing but at least a dozen riders met up! The sun was shining in all it's glory, but it was cold! I opted for the ski socks and ski gloves and was very happy with the choice. Together we headed west and as the tempo ramped up on Waldo Road I thought, "It's so great to be out riding with a good sized group again"....then, I got dropped. At the Frechtown overpass there was the usual pit stop and shrinking of the group. I think I heard a few guys say they wanted to make it back to watch Olympic Ice Dancing. ;) Four of us headed out to Alberton where Tamara snapped this pic of us. That's half of a Hostess Apple Pie in my hand, the other half appears to be in my mouth. With a little bit of a headwind on the way back to town, Scott and I let Tamara and John drag us home. Every time we got to a climb, Tamara just seemed to float away. Ridin' strong, T-Pain!

Jesse A. hooked up with us on our way back through Frenchtown, as did Bill Schultz. I overheard that Jesse had logged 90 miles the day before! What?! Anyway, needless to say, I find myself continually humbled by this group of motivated athletes. It's great being a part of such a strong, encouraging team! Great rides guys!

-Joshua

No comments: